DME Hockey Academy provides a unique opportunity for intense elite hockey training under the tutelage of former NHL player and Stanley Cup Champion Eric Perrin. For the inaugural year of DME Hockey Academy, the number of participants will be limited to allow Eric to focus on the individual development needs of each player.
Tier I: Full Time Hockey Academy Students:
Academy student athletes that choose the Tier I plan will attend on and off ice training 5 days per week. Among the many skill areas that will be explored in Hockey Academy:
Hockey Fundamental Skills Development Training
- Puck skills
- Introduction to higher level stick handling
- Proper Skating Techniques
- Improving Skating Speed and Acceleration
- Passing and Shooting Techniques
- Using these skills in game situations at a high leve
- Game IQ
- Improve the all-around understanding of the game of hockey by utilizing video analysis sessions, off ice instruction (Chalk Talk), and various other teaching methods
- Teaching the importance of preparation for physical activity (proper warm up techniques) for injury prevention and quality of performance
- Teaching the importance of preparation for competitive sports, including mental preparation for better focus, nutrition, etc
- Teaching proper recovery techniques for daily practices (stretching)
- Teaching the importance of proper recovery techniques for the mind and body of the athlete
- With the amount of training Hockey Academy offers, it is vital that players understand the importance of the recovery process which includes eating well (nutrition), getting proper rest (sleep) and stretching for injury prevention
Tier II: Part-time Hockey Academy Students:
Those Hockey Academy Students who choose the option of attending only 2 days per week (2 on ice sessions and one will join the same sessions as the Tier I (full time students.) The itinerary will be the same as Tier I.
A Day in The Life: DME Hockey Academy Curriculum
A Day at DME Hockey Academy: Although this list gives an outline of the regular itinerary, the advantage of working with a skilled professional coach, Eric Perrin, is that he will be able to adjust the daily schedule to adapt to the needs of the Hockey Academy players.
Morning: Players will arrive at the Daytona Ice Arena to begin their day with DME Hockey Academy
- Daily: Off ice and on ice warm up to prepare for training session
- Daily: On ice hockey training and hockey skills development session (1 – 1.5 hrs) that is designed using the American Development Model (ADM) and other successful youth hockey program components concentrating on fundamental hockey skills presented in specific teaching segments throughout the year
- 3 days per week: following the on-ice training, players will participate in off-ice skills development training sessions that will reinforce the theories and techniques that are taught on ice.
- Weekly: players will also attend off ice “Chalk Talk” teaching sessions focusing on game/individual situations, team structure and positional play
- After the daily training sessions are complete, the players will cool down and stretch
After the morning session is completed, those players that attend DME’s Xceed school will be transported back to campus. Other students will be released to their parents or designated adult after the training session.
Daytona Ice Arena will provide a passionate and professional coaching staff that will get our players on the ice and in the gym more than any other organization. DIA offers all of the coaching, training and teaching tools needed to help players and teams reach their full on-ice potential.
Fill out application below to apply for DME Swam Rabbits and our staff will contact you soon.
Recruit ME for DME Swamp Rabbits
More Info Coming Soon
Daytona Ice Arena offers Dare to Dangle Hockey Camp. See the details below.
Dare to Dangle Hockey Camp
June 1st-5th (8 to 4 Monday- Friday)
$450 ($430 early registration)
- 3 hours ice time a day
- 15 hours of on ice instruction
- Off ice training
- Jersey included
SCOTT A. ZERKLE
Scott has over 35 years of experience playing and coaching hockey. Scott is a USA Hockey level IIII certified hockey coach. His personal accomplishments include being selected by USA Hockey to train in Colorado Springs, Co. at the Olympic training center, his selection as the #1 overall pick by team Compuware of the North American Junior “A” Hockey league, and instructing at a number of Top Performing hockey schools across the country. Scott’s mission is to teach ice hockey so that it’s enjoyable for all ages. Building confidence and skills both on and off the ice.
- 1980- Elected Best Defenseman in the State of Michigan
- 1985-87 Detroit Little Caesars Midget “AAA” Hockey Club, Asst. Team Captain.
- 1986- 1 of 64 Players selected to attend the USA Hockey Olympic training Camp.
- 1987- Selected #1 overall by Team Compuware of the North American Junior “A” Hockey league, Asst. Team Captain.
- 1987- Selected for Junior Olympic, Team Michigan
- 1994- Professional Hockey Sunshine Hockey league, Team Lakeland Ice Warriors, Lakeland FLA.
- 1989-91 PeeWee & Bantam travel hockey, Michigan
- 1993- Michigan State University –Club hockey Coach NAIA Champions
- 1999-2000 Embry Riddle Eagles Hockey Club Asst. Coach
- 2006- Present Youth Hockey Daytona Beach, Fl.
- PeeWee A, Bantam A, High School hockey Volusia county Stingrays
- Hubie McDonough Hockey Camp
- Orlando Solar Bears Hockey Camp
- Superior Skills Stick Handling Hockey Schools
- Turcotte Stick Handling Hockey Schools
- University Hockey Schools
- Michigan State Hockey Camps
- Dare 2 Dangle Hockey Camp