DME Hockey Academy provides a unique opportunity for intense elite hockey training under the tutelage of former NHL player and Stanley Cup Champion Eric Perrin. For the inaugural year of DME Hockey Academy, the number of participants will be limited to allow Eric to focus on the individual development needs of each player.
Tier I: Full Time Hockey Academy Students:
Academy student athletes that choose the Tier I plan will attend on and off ice training 5 days per week. Among the many skill areas that will be explored in Hockey Academy:
Hockey Fundamental Skills Development Training
- Puck skills
- Introduction to higher level stick handling
- Proper Skating Techniques
- Improving Skating Speed and Acceleration
- Passing and Shooting Techniques
- Using these skills in game situations at a high leve
- Game IQ
- Improve the all-around understanding of the game of hockey by utilizing video analysis sessions, off ice instruction (Chalk Talk), and various other teaching methods
- Teaching the importance of preparation for physical activity (proper warm up techniques) for injury prevention and quality of performance
- Teaching the importance of preparation for competitive sports, including mental preparation for better focus, nutrition, etc
- Teaching proper recovery techniques for daily practices (stretching)
- Teaching the importance of proper recovery techniques for the mind and body of the athlete
- With the amount of training Hockey Academy offers, it is vital that players understand the importance of the recovery process which includes eating well (nutrition), getting proper rest (sleep) and stretching for injury prevention
Tier II: Part-time Hockey Academy Students:
Those Hockey Academy Students who choose the option of attending only 2 days per week (2 on ice sessions and one will join the same sessions as the Tier I (full time students.) The itinerary will be the same as Tier I.
A Day in The Life: DME Hockey Academy Curriculum
A Day at DME Hockey Academy: Although this list gives an outline of the regular itinerary, the advantage of working with a skilled professional coach, Eric Perrin, is that he will be able to adjust the daily schedule to adapt to the needs of the Hockey Academy players.
Morning: Players will arrive at the Daytona Ice Arena to begin their day with DME Hockey Academy
- Daily: Off ice and on ice warm up to prepare for training session
- Daily: On ice hockey training and hockey skills development session (1 – 1.5 hrs) that is designed using the American Development Model (ADM) and other successful youth hockey program components concentrating on fundamental hockey skills presented in specific teaching segments throughout the year
- 3 days per week: following the on-ice training, players will participate in off-ice skills development training sessions that will reinforce the theories and techniques that are taught on ice.
- Weekly: players will also attend off ice “Chalk Talk” teaching sessions focusing on game/individual situations, team structure and positional play
- After the daily training sessions are complete, the players will cool down and stretch
After the morning session is completed, those players that attend DME’s Xceed school will be transported back to campus. Other students will be released to their parents or designated adult after the training session.
Daytona Beach, FL – Daytona Ice Arena is proud to announce former NHL player Eric Perrin as the new Director of Hockey for DIA. He will oversee our growing Swamp Rabbits youth programs as well as our adult leagues and programs.
As a native of Montreal, Canada, Eric fell for hockey at a young age and started to learn to skate at age 5. Eric’s love for the “Fastest Game on Earth” has taken him across Canada and the US, as well as Europe and the World. He was won many individual awards and more importantly, been a part of very successful teams that have won the NHL Stanley Cup (Tampa Bay Lightning) and the European Cup (JYP/Finland).
In preparation for his post-playing career, Eric became greatly involved in community events as Team Ambassador, with roles that included:
- Public Appearances
- Motivational & Inspirational Speaking
After retirement last year, Eric, his wife Karen, and their hockey loving children, discovered a love of the beach and have now settled in Daytona Beach. “I am eager to start this journey with DME Sports and Daytona Ice Arena and very excited about the potential growth of youth hockey in this area,” said Eric Perrin.
Outgoing Director of Hockey, Mackie Grimes said, “I would like to take this time to welcome Eric Perrin as the new Director of Hockey at Daytona Ice Arena. Eric comes with a lifetime of incredible experience and knowledge, a passion for hockey and player development, and I couldn't think of anyone else I would want to pass the torch to. We are fortunate to have him here as a member of this hockey family.”
Eric is driven by a quest for learning and desire to continually improve. As a leader, both on the ice and in the locker room, Eric is known for his positive attitude and professionalism and will be a great addition to the Daytona Ice Arena Ice Hockey leadership team.
Eric Perrin Career
College: University of Vermont
- Division 1 Full Scholarship
- ECAC Rookie of the Year
- ECAC Player of the Year
- Hobey Baker Finalist
- NCAA Final Four Appearance
Professional Highlights: Played in the most prestigious leagues in hockey including:
- National Hockey League
- American Hockey League
- Kontinental Hockey League
- NLA (Swiss Elite League)
- Liiga (Finnish Elite League)
Daytona Ice Arena will provide a passionate and professional coaching staff that will get our players on the ice and in the gym more than any other organization. DIA offers all of the coaching, training and teaching tools needed to help players and teams reach their full on-ice potential.
Fill out application below to apply for DME Swam Rabbits and our staff will contact you soon.
Recruit ME for DME Swamp Rabbits
More Info Coming Soon